Thursday, April 19, 2007

Spring in Minnesota!

Spring has arrived. In Minnesota, spring is not a season, it's an event. I am amazed, year after year, how Minnesota will go from a blizzard to consistent 60 degree days, all in three days.

With the beautiful weather comes the outdoor chores. But in spring, these tasks don't feel laborious. There is a never-ending list of tasks, and every spring the outdoor tasks seem to take precedence over the indoor tasks (or indoor tasks move out-of-doors when possible): cleaning the flower beds, seeding the yard, cleaning out the garage, cleaning the windows, catching up on that novel, playing baseball, riding bikes.

Along with the household cleaning, spring seems to prompt "mind cleaning." Many times, in spring, my mind seems to be cleared of various "cobwebs." My thoughts are clearer, my creativity sharper, my ambition elevated.

Spring. This is why we live here.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yeah... I agree with the mind cleaning. Seems like spring is a good time for that to happen. :-) I always feel more energetic and ready to go in the spring!

Alison said...

Well, I live here because I was born here... and I married someone who was born here... and we're both too lazy to move...